Hi, I'm Vitalie Cherpec and I'm founder of this project. I'm a coder and sysadmin, I have a vast experience as a sysadmin (since 1998) and as a programmer (many years in game development and web development industry).
I was a happy user of a free DNS hosting service for many years, when this service was acquired by a competitor in august 2011, I was forced to move somewhere else.
While migrating my zone files I realized that I don't like Bind syntax files neither administering tens of domains through a web interface. I've started to experiment on how it should look a perfect DNS service for me. I've realized that I would love to store my configuration files in a Git repository and I would need some configuration language for templating (Lua).
This is how LuaDNS was born on October, 2011.
We provide a set of 4 Anycast name servers distributed across the globe in 12 POPs (point of presence) accessible via IPv4 and IPv6:
- ns1.luadns.net (Anycast, 220.127.116.11, 2001:67c:25a0::1)
- ns2.luadns.net (Anycast, 18.104.22.168, 2001:67c:25a0::2)
- ns3.luadns.net (Anycast, 22.214.171.124, 2001:67c:25a0::3)
- ns4.luadns.net (Anycast, 126.96.36.199, 2001:67c:25a0::4)
Currently 12 POPs (point of presence) in USA, Europe, Asia & Australia.
- North America (New York, Miami, Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago)
- South America (Sao Paolo)
- Europe (London, Paris, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Bucharest)
- Asia (Seoul, Singapore, Pune)
- Australia (Sydney)
This service was built using the following open source technologies: